The most important thing that happened yesterday at WWDC was not the announcement of the Vision Pro. It was Apple‘s endorsement of the entire industry of Spatial Computing. That “blessing” will have a myriad of positive impacts, including:
* prompting software developers to flood into Unity coding.
* encouraging start-up companies to persevere with their efforts in the space.
* bringing investment dollars into the spatial computing ecosystem.
* encourage adoption by businesses.
* validate those in educational institutions to not just continue their efforts, but to expand them.
Is the device going to be awesome? Probably, although it will have its flaws. Vision Pro 2 though? Remember the radical rates of change and improvement for iPhone those first few years. Welcome back.
Next up: I want to talk about Eye Sight and why it’s radically important for adoption.